BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Preparation

We are busily preparing the house for the market.  Pulling things from every nook and cranny.  Feels like the stuff keeps multiplying.  Hopefully, it will make things easier when it's time to move.  I keep packing things away to be stored.  Trying really hard to evaluate the things I'm storing.  So far we have a couple of totes of school books and a box of "memories" for each of the kids.    It's amazing how much can be accumulated in 19 years of marriage.  Homeschooling definately has added to the accumulation.  I can't believe how many books we own.  I have been taking boxes of books to our weekly co-op, so they are slowly diminishing, but we still have way too many.

Stan has been working on all the little things that need to be repaired to put the house on the market.  Feels like the list is never ending.  I keep telling myself that "slow and steady" wins the race.  We'll get there!  Our goal is to list late Feb./early March.  Trying to get on the market before the tax credit expires.

Also, preparing our hearts for the trip.  Talking to the kids about their concerns.  Talking about how we'll serve on the road.  Dreaming about warm weather and sunshine!  Getting excited!

0 comments: